Who else is seeking Sales Tips for 2019?
Episode 422 of Cool Things Entrepreneurs Do is filled with inspiring ideas to do more in the new year. Thom Singer regularly works with sales teams to get focused on their potential, and in this episode he openly discusses his own success and failure. He has gotten re-focused on sales for 2019 and has already hit the ground running with fresh strategies and actions.
Sales Tips for 2019
As a follow up episode to last week where Thom Singer talked about how to overcome a failure in 2018, he has dedicated this episode to how to focus on sales tips for the new year. Regardless of if you are a sales professional for a large company, the manager of a sales team, or a solopreneur, this episode is one you will want to listen to again and gain.
Since his conversation about coming up short last year, many people have commented that they understood the feeling of last year not being their best. Getting refocused for entrepreneurs and sales professionals is important, and there is no time to waste. To do more we all need lead generation.
Thom believes we need to have a plan and “Try New Things” (http://www.trynewthing.shop). To be more attentive to his sales and marketing for the new year he spent several weeks reviewing his past and present situation, and had to be brutally honest with himself about why he came up short.
Sales is the life-blood of any enterprise. You do not have to be the entrepreneur or the sales person to care about how business development is progressing. Everyone is in sales. The actions of every employee has a direct impact on your target audience.
Thom has five tips to improve your sales in 2019. He has implemented them in his own business, and just a week into the new year he is seeing some momentum and is excited about where the rest of the year is going. The attention is now on discovering prospecting tools and how to close the deal.
1. Have a strategy. Thom is honest that he has spent too much of the last decade relying on word of mouth. While this has worked well, hoping the phone will ring is NOT a strategy. Thus he now has a plan in place that is changing up how he acts on a daily basis. This involves things from content marketing to picking up the phone and calling every past client from the past five years.
2. Your attitude matters. Failure is not an option, and feeling sorry for your past failures is not going to bet you to new results. Thom encourages everyone to believe in their products and services and to believe in themselves. But cautions that having a thick skin is key in sales, as some people are going to say “NO”. A rejection is not personal, it was just not the right fit for that client, and each “NO” brings you closer to the next “YES”.
3. Understand your clients. We cannot tell people what they want to buy. If we want to sell (and we all want to sell), we need to analyze what the client needs and wants. We also have to understand that there might be more than one constituency within each client.
4. Visibility / Findabililty / Social / Networking. The world of connecting with people and showing up on their “Short List” is not about one thing. SEO, word of mouth, networking, reputation ,etc…. all are intertwined. To get success we cannot ignore any of these and must get them all working together.
5. Take action and have accountability. Ideas alone are not enough. To get more sales you have to take actions. Thom is all about actions in 2019 and thinks you can be too. He also share the importance having people who will hold you accountable and check in on your progress. Great sales professionals do not live alone on an island.
Make 2019 your best year ever. Get focused on sales and make thing happen.
Is your company looking for a dynamic motivational speaker for your next sales meeting? Sales teams of all sizes can benefit from the “Paradox of Potential” workshop lead by Thom Singer (Sales Speaker). This interactive and customized program will help your sales team discoverer their unique path across the gap between Potential and results.